Train to become a nurse at Texarkana College and join the fastest growing career field in Northeast Texas!
Put your passion for helping people to work.
Texarkana College's nursing school offers the following nursing career paths:
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing that trains you to become registered nurse. Some prerequisites required to apply.
- Certificate in Licensed Vocational Nursing that trains you to become a vocational nurse.
- VN-ADN Transition Program that helps Licensed Vocational Nurses train to become Registered Nurses.
We are currently accepting applications for the following programs beginning in January 2020:
- Vocational Nursing Program. This application deadline has been extended to Friday, Oct. 18, 2019.
- Vocational Nursing to Associate Degree Nursing Transition Program. Applications will be accepted through September 6, 2019.
Interested in applying? Submit the form on this page and our health sciences advisor will contact you with more information!
The Associate of Applied Science in Nursing Basic program accepts applications from the 1st Monday of January until the 1st Friday in March.
The Associate of Applied Science in Nursing Transition program accepts applications from the 1st Monday of July until the 1st Friday in September.
The Licensed Vocational Nursing program beginning in Fall are accepted from the 1st Monday of January until the 1st Friday in April.
The Licensed Vocational Nursing program beginning in Spring are accepted from the 1st Monday of July until the 1st Friday in September.
Attendance at an information session is a mandatory part of the application process. An advising appointment with Karen Holt, Enrollment Specialist, is also mandatory. Contact Karen Holt at 903-823-3351 for an appointment and to learn more!