Welcome back from Spring Break! I hope you all had a great week off. I definitely did-I traveled to Italy with the Texarkana College Road Scholars program and it was an experience I'll never forget. If you're interested in exciting travel opportunities, keep an eye on our Road Scholars program. You can learn about upcoming trips and check out photos from past trips on our website.
Happening on Campus
- If you've ever thought about enrolling in one of our workforce programs (like culinary arts, welding, cosmetology, etc.), come by our Workforce Open House on March 24 to explore our programs and meet with instructors. Learn more.
- Have you got talent? Show it off in the TC Talent Showcase on April 5! Auditions will be held March 25 at 10 a.m. in the Stilwell Music Hall. For more information, contact Lydia Knight or DeeDee Jones.
- Need help filing your FAFSA? Come to our FAFSA Night on April 14 from 6-8 p.m.! If you have friends who need help, bring them along. This event is open to the public, regardless of where they plan to attend college. Learn more.
- I can't wait for Spring Fling, and I hope to see you there. Join us on April 21 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in front of the library for one of TC's most fun events. We'll have food (bring your current student ID for free lunch), dancing, games, SGA elections, and more.
- Check out some great art at the Annual Student Art Show, on display in the Stilwell Humanities Center lobby April 18-27. Join us for a public reception on April 19 at 10 a.m.
- Thinking about taking classes this summer? Registration begins on April 18, and we've got classes posted so you can plan ahead. Check out our May Mini and Summer 2016 class schedules.
- Right now is a great time to see an advisor! If you need to visit with an advisor, drop by our Enrollment Services office or request an appointment online.
- While you're at it, check out our Summer 2016 Continuing Education schedule. We're excited about our summer non-credit classes, summer swim program, and Kids' College. Catalogs haven't gone in the mail yet, buy you can get a sneak peek at the schedule here.
- The Pinkerton Fitness Center will be closed March 26-27 for the Easter holiday.
- The Summer 2016 financial aid priority deadline is April 29. In other words, if you want to take summer classes and you haven't filed your FAFSA yet, you'll want to get it taken care of before that date.
- Congrats to everyone who made the Fall 2015 President's and Dean's Lists! View the full list.
- Your TC Student Government delegation recently attended the Region III Conference at Panola College, where keynote speaker State Rep. Chris Paddie addressed questions that affect community colleges, such as funding and open-carry. TC SGA Advisor Doug Saffel was named Region III Advisor of the Year. If you'd like to learn more about SGA or get involved, visit their website and follow them on Facebook.
- Check out TC grad Bobby Player in this month's ALT Magazine (starting on page 20). Bobby proves that it's never too late to start over: at the age of 72, she enrolled at TC to begin working toward her associate degree. We're so proud of her.
- And in Four States Living Magazine's Best of Texarkana issue, check out our nurses! Instructor Cindy Smith was named Best Nurse, and all of the nominees are TC nursing grads. Way to go, nurses. You represent TC well!
That's all for today, but keep an eye on our website calendar and our Facebook page for updates on campus news and events. I'm also on Twitter—send me a tweet @TCpresJHR and say hello. I'd love to hear from you!
James Henry Russell